Monday, May 12, 2008

On the Path

I have been ‘on the path’ (so to say) since my childhood. I remember my mother calling me a ‘lost creature’ who lives in her ‘own world’, and is not aware of what is happening around (the makings of a Sufi?). My father was an atheist, but my mother followed her simple religious rituals. We, as kids, were not asked to follow anything. So we grew up with a rare freedom. (Now I know that I chose such parents and such a home, as an ideal environment for my growth).

While growing up I realized that I loved singing ‘Gurbani’, ‘Shabads’, and ‘Bhajans’ (besides Hindi film songs). I was an avid reader and read all popular books, mainly fiction.

I got married to a person who did not believe in any rituals either. (His family too is very liberal.) However, both of us believed in the concept of a Higher Power. I called it ‘The Nature’. We did nothing about connecting with this power.

I started practicing (and teaching) Yoga, for fitness.

I lived my life like this, very happy and content with my life and my family.

In 1997, I discovered Linda Goodman’s ‘Star Signs’. That was the turning point. One book led to another, and by 1999, I could not read any other kind of books. At present I remain surrounded by books, but they all deal with some or the other aspect of spirituality. Till about 2004, I used to read the complete newspaper. Today I do not even feel like opening it (I only read my own articles in TOI, and sometimes the Speaking Tree, Sacred space, Mind over Matter etc.) Same goes for the magazines. The only magazines I read are Life Positive, Eternal Solutions, Life Times, and White Light etc. All my time is spent in reading and writing. I read many books at a time. Right now I am reading ‘The Power of Now’ by Eckhart Tolle, ‘Tantra Vision: Beyond the barriers of Wisdom’ and ‘Sufis: The people of the Path’ by Osho, ‘The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying’ by Sogyal Rinpoche. I pick up books by intuition. I can not watch television any more. The only information I seek on the Net is something to do with the Path or the Truth.


In 2000, Reiki came into my life along with Meditation.

In 2003, I discovered Sai Baba and understood the phenomenon of ‘cosmic consciousnesses’. What appealed to me was his statement, ‘I am God, and you are also God. The only difference is that I know it, and you don’t’. I am not a typical ‘Baba’ follower, but I see him as ‘pink’ colour in my meditations.

In Dec. 2007, I experienced ‘the flowering of the Soul’ or Enlightenment, during my Past Life Regression Therapist Program.

Today I feel confident enough to proclaim that I am a Light Worker. I am here on the Planet Earth in this time and space, because I chose to be a part of the ‘Shift of the Ages’ that has already started.

I have experienced the ‘oneness’ with the Universe. I look at the World around me as a manifestation of my thoughts, and myself as the Observer. I firmly believe that ‘thoughts are things’. In my meditation I witness them as un-manifested matter.

I feel more loving, peaceful, and abundant. I look at everyone (including myself) as a part of the Whole. I view every thing as an aspect of God. There is nothing else but God.

My relationships have undergone a lot of change. My attachment with my immediate family has decreased. I have loosened control and released my husband and my sons. I have released myself. I feel free. I feel more love for everyone, including animals, trees, plants, minerals, soil, inanimate things etc, without feeling attached in any way. I am more tolerant, even tempered, at peace with the World. I love and appreciate myself whole heartedly. Something I had never done before.

I always wore handloom, so Fab India clothes still remain my favourite.

I am not obsessed about my house being ‘spic and span’ any more. I avoid clutter.

I gave up taking allopathic medicine the day I studied Homeopathy. For a time I relied on both Reiki and Homeopathy. Then I started speaking to my cells. Today it is all ‘Consciousness’ healing through meditation, Reiki, Thought therapy, Emotional freedom Technique, and conversing with my cells. I take responsibility for my dis-ease. I don’t look at it as illness any more. I look at it as ‘issues in my tissues’ that need to be resolved. I know that body never ever lies. It heals itself. As a last resort it tries to communicate with me through some symptoms. The moment I assure it that I have taken cognizance of my deviant thoughts, it feels reassured. When I learn my lesson, it comes back to a state of ease.

I also look at the creation (including my body cells) as being ‘Holographic’. A lot of my understanding comes from this concept.

I have not yet been able to answer the question of ‘Right Food’. I am still seeking the answer that resonates with my being. So far I believe that anything that ‘grows’ can be eaten with gratitude for the offering.

I feel very strongly about the damage that we are doing to humanity by our modern ‘Birthing’ process, and the unenlightened way we handle our ‘dying’ process. These are the two areas I feel inclined to work in.

No comments: